Interested in joining the outstanding staff at Harmony Home Health? We offer both full time and part time positions with flexible work schedules. If you are interested in being a member of the Harmony Home Health family, please Tell Us About Yourself and e-mail your resume to email@example.com, or you may fax it at 1-877-587-7585 or mail it to:
Harmony Home Health, LLC
P.O. Box 263
Hanover, MI 49241
Home Health Aide: Position Summary
Click here for a printable PDF file of this information
Administers personal care and assistance with activities of daily living for patients in the home setting under physician’s orders, assignments and supervision provided by the registered Nurse or physical therapist.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or high school equivalent (example: G.E.D.) required.
- One year minimum experience of prior home care.
- Two years of experience as a Certified Nurse’s Aide and prior homecare experience is preferred.
- A recognized (state) Home Care Aide certificate by completion of a Home Care Aide Training program and supervised practice is also preferred.
- Genuine interest and concern for all clients
- Must be sufficiently mature and emotionally stable to work well with others
- Must possess good physical and mental health
- Must have a clean and neat appearance
- Must be courteous and kind in manner
- Can work harmoniously and skillfully with other staff members, clients and their families
- Must be flexible and able to tolerate change or changing demands
- Valid driver’s license and access to an automobile
The Home Care Aide travels to and from, and performs his or her duties in each client’s home. The climate is not routinely controlled. Frequently there is exposure to blood, body tissues and fluids and other potentially infectious fluids. There can be exposure to loud and unpleasant noises, unpleasant odors, unclean homes and dust. May be subject to hostile environments, emotionally upset Clients, family members or visitors.
- Able to speak, read, and write English
- Able to read assignments, directions, labels and measure vital signs, including: Temperature, pulse, respirations, blood pressure and weight
- Able to communicate and respond clearly on telephone and respond to clients spoken needs
- The ability to physically transfer, lift or assist clients whose weight is 160 pounds with or without the aid of mechanical devices
- Able to spend 80% of the work shift standing and/or moving about
- Able to position clients
- Able to walk, climb, stairs, stoop, bend and squat to perform essential job functions
- Must be able to concentrate on detail with frequent interruptions
- Able to follow, complete and remember daily routines and requirements
- Able to comprehend and utilize professional education materials
- Able to enact emergency procedures
- Able to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action
- Able to cope with the mental and physical stress of the position
Must be able to use: sphygmomanometer, stethoscope, adjustable and standard bed, side rails, gait belt, Hoyer lift, scales, thermometers, bathing equipment, wheelchairs, walkers, hearing aids, electric shavers, catheters and bed pans.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Administer or assist clients with personal care including: bath or shower, hair, skin, mouth and nail care
- Monitor and record vital signs
- Assist client with elimination using bathroom, commode, bedpan, or urinal
- Assist client with transfer activities
- Assist client with ambulation
- Assist client with prescribed exercise after instruction by a registered nurse or physical therapist
- Assist client with dressing or undressing
- Assist with household services that are essential to the client’s home health care
- Report pertinent observations of clients’ physical and psychosocial status to registered nurse, therapist or home health director
- Document accurately and concisely all care and observations
- Submit accurate reports of clients visit charges, hours of work and mileage
- Adhere to company policies and procedures
- Attend and participate in pertinent in-service education programs
- Consistently report for duty on time and as scheduled
- Observe appropriate safety measures
- Maintain strict confidentiality